Patients must meet the following eligibility criteria to be appropriate for hospice care at Sacred Heart Hospice Phoenix, Arizona or care at assisted living facilities:
- Patients with a prognosis of six months or less if the disease runs its normal course.
- Hospice can continue after six months as long as the patient continues to meet eligibility criteria.
- Prognosis is certified by community and hospice physician.
- Patient and family desire palliative care as opposed to curative
- A Karnofsky Performance Status of 50% or less
- Dependence in 3 out of 6 Activities of Daily Living
- Frequent hospitalizations
- Frequent trips to the Emergency Room
- Weight loss of 10% or more in the last 4 to 6 months
- Serum Albumin less than 2.5 gm/dl
Sacred Heart Hospice is here to help you and care for you in any way we can, so that your involvement in the hospice experience will be as easy and fulfilling as possible.